Friday, March 19, 2010

Weekend Patrol Box #31


This Weekend Patrol Box begins with the weather.

We have had a lot of it lately.  Everything from having our Klondike camporee snowed out (and re-scheduled for early April) to being run out of the C&O on a backpacking trip.  

Definitely make the succession plan a reality--I listened to a really big tree fall over about 30 feet from my tent, due to rain softening the river bank.

This weekend, I'm traveling to take training--looks like I will be joining a BSA Camp Visitation Team.  The weather looks great for a change and I can't wait to get out and do some SUNNY Scouting.

Enjoy the Patrol Box--and share it with your friends and Scouters!
  1. 100 Days of Scouting turned 40 today!  Comments are dropping a bit, and their are several bloggers doing it now.  Stop by and leave a note!
  2. Nuts for Scouting--we turned our first order in today.  Have you done this fundraiser before? How did it go?
  3. Knot Master Training--this looks like a lot of fun.  I showed it to the SPL, who wants to get the PLC to agree to it this Sunday.  Crossing my fingers. Courtesy of Troop 994.
  4. Tanner H from Columbus OH--This Scout needs to share his tips with the rest of us.  Over $60,000 i popcorn sales? Crazy (in a good way).
  5. Boy's Life has a new message board for Eagle Scout project ideas.
  6. I keep waiting for one of my Scouts to try this:  Ride the Divide.  Scroll down and watch the 2 minute video--yes, that is a really big bear. (Adventure Cycling)
  7. Scouts Canada video--grand fun!
  8. Pee Wee's Paper Airplane Hangar--fun from Boy's Life online, and goes with this months BSA Cub Scout theme:  Take Flight
  9. Very Cub Scout friendly bird feeder--115 people checked this out on Twitter when I forwarded.
  10. What a better way to celebrate the Vernal Equinox tomorrow?  Turkey in a Can, of course.

This is a busy time of the year, with a lot on my plate.  The pack, troop and our new crew are all firing up for a great spring and summer.  How about you?  Comment below, or tweet away.

No comments: