This Weekend Patrol Box begins with the weather.
We have had a lot of it lately. Everything from having our Klondike camporee snowed out (and re-scheduled for early April) to being run out of the C&O on a backpacking trip.
Definitely make the succession plan a reality--I listened to a really big tree fall over about 30 feet from my tent, due to rain softening the river bank.
This weekend, I'm traveling to take training--looks like I will be joining a BSA Camp Visitation Team. The weather looks great for a change and I can't wait to get out and do some SUNNY Scouting.
Enjoy the Patrol Box--and share it with your friends and Scouters!
- 100 Days of Scouting turned 40 today! Comments are dropping a bit, and their are several bloggers doing it now. Stop by and leave a note!
- Nuts for Scouting--we turned our first order in today. Have you done this fundraiser before? How did it go?
- Knot Master Training--this looks like a lot of fun. I showed it to the SPL, who wants to get the PLC to agree to it this Sunday. Crossing my fingers. Courtesy of Troop 994.
- Tanner H from Columbus OH--This Scout needs to share his tips with the rest of us. Over $60,000 i popcorn sales? Crazy (in a good way).
- Boy's Life has a new message board for Eagle Scout project ideas.
- I keep waiting for one of my Scouts to try this: Ride the Divide. Scroll down and watch the 2 minute video--yes, that is a really big bear. (Adventure Cycling)
- Scouts Canada video--grand fun!
- Pee Wee's Paper Airplane Hangar--fun from Boy's Life online, and goes with this months BSA Cub Scout theme: Take Flight
- Very Cub Scout friendly bird feeder--115 people checked this out on Twitter when I forwarded.
- What a better way to celebrate the Vernal Equinox tomorrow? Turkey in a Can, of course.
This is a busy time of the year, with a lot on my plate. The pack, troop and our new crew are all firing up for a great spring and summer. How about you? Comment below, or tweet away.