This is a great way to encourage incremental sales throughout the year, or to extend your popcorn sales beyond your local area.
Just follow the step below, and you will generate the "order key" your Scouts need to get credit for their work. This looks like a lot of steps, but it is pretty straightforward and quick.
1) Go to http://www.trails-end.com/ .
2) Select the red “Leaders” button at the top of the page.
3) From the list on the far left, select “Popcorn System”. This will bring up the Popcorn System Login Page.
4) Enter last year’s username and password. If your unit has not done this in the past, get the username and password from the council office. The system will prompt you for a new email and password.
5) Next you will get a screen advising you to check the email address you entered for a confirmation code.
6) In that email from Trails End (almost instantly available), click on the link provided. It will verify your login, and allow you to login to the Popcorn System.
7) Enter your username and password, and click on the “Login” button.
8) The next screen will bring up your personal information: name, address, phone numbers. Please complete, and enter the data.
9) After you have confirmed the information, you will receive another email with important details—please read it over.
10) This will launch your unit’s screen, which will say, “Pack XYZ-Unit Home Page” in the upper left.
11) Above the “Pack XYZ-Unit Home Page”, you will see “User”, “Sub-units”, etc.
12) Click on “Scouts”.
13) If someone has used this system for your unit before, there may be a list of Scouts. Please edit as appropriate, and click on the “Save Changes” button in the lower right-hand corner. [A Scout’s Order Key is forever, so please don’t delete active Scouts.]
14) After editing, scroll to the bottom of the screen. Under “Additional Actions in Pack XYZ”, you will see “Scout Transfer Area” and “Add Multiple Scouts”.
15) “Scout Transfer Area” is for transferring existing Scouts into this unit (again, “A Scout’s Order Key is forever”). Use as necessary. I can see where this might be an important function for the Popcorn Chair to use or follow-up on after the Webelos Scouts move on to their new troops.
16) “Add Multiple Scouts” makes your work easier if you have more than one or two Scouts to enter into the Popcorn System. Click on “Add Multiple Scouts”.
17) The next screen asks how many Scouts you need to enter. Put the number in the box. Click on “Generate Multi Form”. [If you guess the wrong number, don’t worry—you’ll be able to add more later, or just leave the rest blank if you guessed too high.]
18) Enter each Scouts information. Do not use last names, per the instructions. Example: “Timmy Webelos” would be entered as “Timmy” in the first box, and “W” in the second box.
19) Complete data for all Scouts, and hit the button.
20) The system will think for a few seconds and then generate a very impressive, alphabetical list. This list will have the Scout’s “First Name & Intial”, “Order Key”, “Goal”, “Login” and “Password”.
IMPORTANT: The Login and Password are for use on www.trails-end.com.
For the "Scout Sign In" link on www.orderpopcorn.com, Scouts should use their Order Key as both their Username and Password.
Once you provide a Scout with his lifetime “Order Key”, it is up to them.
This link will cover the instructions for long distance and after-the-season purchases, credited directly to your Scout: